Enquire Now about our Latest Pricing!
Becoming a qualified international teacher can be an exciting and lifechanging career move. Whether teaching international students in Australia or abroad, the Cert IV in TESOL is the qualification of choice, and being internationally recognised means
you can use it right around the world.
TESOL is also suitable for qualified teachers who wish to add English foreign language/English to their teaching portfolio, potentially opening up exciting new teaching opportunities.
The Certificate IV in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (40649SA) is non-current and further enrollments to this course are no longer accepted. You can get in touch with us to get updates on TESOL courses.
Where can the Certificate IV in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (40649SA) course take you?
The Cert IV in TESOL (40649SA) is a nationally accredited english teaching training course. After you complete the course, you will be eligible to pursue roles for positions including:
- ✔ English Teacher in Australia
- ✔ English Teacher Abroad/Internationally
TESOL Course Delivery Options
As a Nationally Recognised and Accredited course, the Cert IV in TESOL is designed to open up new possibilities for your career in the english teaching industry. Your english teaching course is delivered by Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) as an online course so you can choose study following your own preferred schedule from any state or territory.
Because this certificate course is delivered online, students are able to complete their training qualification from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, or in fact anywhere in Australia at times that are most convenient for them.
Inspire Education can be reached at 1800 506 509 or email@example.com.
What Will You Learn in Your TESOL Course?
The Cert IV in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) will solidify your knowledge of the English language, including identifying basic grammatical concepts, terminology and traditional meta -language.
You will learn to design and develop learning strategies, and to design and create learning resources in able to assist your future international students in developing their English competencies.
Learn to pass on the gift of your language to other cultures, enhancing their self-confidence and developing their skills!
How is the course delivered?
Studying the Certificate IV in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (40649SA) through online or distance learning allows you to take advantage of a self-paced and flexible learning environment. Resources are hosted on the student portal and can be accessed 24/7.
How long will I have to finish my course?
You will have 12 months to complete the course from your enrolment date through online/distance learning.
How much time should I spend on my course?
This course is expected to take around 620 hours of study to complete.
Certificate IV in TESOL Course Units
The Cert IV in TESOL is comprised of 5 core units. It is an internationally recognised qualification in teaching English to international students and a wonderful qualification to have in your employability ‘tool kit’. During your studies, you will be required to complete at least 6 hours of practical delivery with a minimum of four ESL (English as a Second Language) students.
|AABBH||Design and deliver an ESL teaching program|
|AABBK||Design and develop an ESL learning framework|
|AABBM||Plan an integrated lesson using communicative language teaching methodology|
|AABBL||Identify and use basic grammatical concepts and traditional meta language|
|AABBG||Demonstrate understanding of the basic terminology of traditional grammar|
This course is assessed through written questions and activities, gathering documents, and observation.
There are no prerequisite qualifications required to enrol in the 40649SA Certificate IV in TESOL.
It is required that you, whether native or non-native speakers of English, demonstrate an acceptable level of English language competence in order to undertake the course. This requirement includes both written and spoken English.
In order to enrol, you must be 18 years or older and:
- Have evidence of year 12 English equivalent or greater qualification (including language-rich subjects) OR
- Have a minimum score of (academic) International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 6.5 in all macro skills. The IELTS tests should be no more than 12 months old OR
- Have an IELTS equivalent minimum score of 6.5 in all macro skills OR
- Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) at or around level 4 across learning, reading, writing, and oral communication core skills
Pre-interview language tasks and an interview will be conducted to determine applicants’ entry into this course. Please read the student handbook here before enrolling.
Support & Resources Required
Throughout your english teaching course, you’ll have access to outstanding resources and support, including:
- ✔ Comprehensive learner guides
- ✔ Online Course Materials and Multimedia Resources
- ✔ Online Forums and Student Community
- ✔ Course Webinars
- ✔ Ongoing Trainer Support via Phone and Student Messaging System
To complete your studies, you will also need access to:
- ✔ A computer with Internet connection (ADSL 2+ recommended)
- ✔ A Computer (PC or Mac)
- ✔ Internet (ADSL 2+ and Google Chrome is recommended)
- ✔ Latest Adobe Flash Player
- ✔ Latest Adobe Acrobat Reader (Essential for Mac Users)
- ✔ Microsoft Word and Powerpoint 97 or later
- ✔ At least 4 students who are ESL learners
- ✔ Video recording equipment (eg mobile phone) OR an observer with industry qualification (TESOL, CELTA, TEFL etc) to complete practical delivery assessments
Reach Community College is responsible for the quality of training and assessment provided and for the issuing of all qualifications and statements of attainment. Any changes to the arrangements will be communicated to students.
Completing your Certificate IV In TESOL enables you to continue your education with qualifications like the Diploma of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. You can also complement your training with additional qualifications such as:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment – a requirement to teach in TAFEs and you can also become a Certificate IV in TESOL trainer.
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care – to work in child care centres with children.
- Certificate III in Education Support – to provide educational support services in schools.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning is available to anyone who can provide evidence of competency for any of the units offered in this qualification. This can include previous work experience, formal or informal training or other relevant life experiences you may have. To apply for RPL, simply fill out your enrolment form and indicate you’d like to apply for RPL. One of our friendly and experienced RPL experts will be in touch to talk you through the process and discuss your evidence. RPL can be granted for whole units or parts of a unit.
Reach Community College/Inspire Education recognises the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued by any other Registered Training Organisation.
For policies on refunds, extensions, other fees, complaints, appeals, replacement certificates or statements of attainment, please see the Reach Community College Student Handbook or visit the FAQ page.