Start your Business Administration Career Today
Enquire Now about our Latest Pricing!
The Certificate IV in Business Administration (BSB40515) is the latest Australian nationally-recognised and accredited course suitable for anyone wishing to develop their administrative skills.
This is the most current online Business Admin course that supersedes the older Cert IV Business Admin BSB40507 qualification.
What Will You Learn in this Course?
The Certificate IV in Business Administration course will give you that extra ‘edge’ in the highly competitive business sector. It is one of the leading Australian business qualifications, with workplace training opportunities across many industries.
This course will further develop your administrative skills and will give you the tools to provide leadership and guidance to others. In completing this course you will advance your administrative skills, giving you a broad knowledge useful for a variety of business situations.
You will learn how to prepare financial reports, organise and coordinate meetings and other business resources, and promote an innovative team environment. Additionally, you will gain skills to apply risk management processes and implement policies to ensure a safe environment.
The qualification is perfect for individuals who wish to engage in job roles such as:
- ✔ Accounts Supervisor
- ✔ Executive Personal Assistant
- ✔ Office Administrator
- ✔ Project Assistant
The BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration consists of 10 units that have been carefully selected to ensure they meet the needs of a wide range of business professionals.
Group A Units:
BSBADM405 – Organise meetings
BSBADM406 – Organise business travel
BSBFIA401 – Prepare financial reports
BSBITU402 – Develop and use complex spreadsheets
BSBWRT401 – Write complex documents
Group B Units:
BSBADM409 – Coordinate business resources
BSBINN301 – Promote innovation in a team environment
BSBRES401 – Analyse and present research information
BSBRSK401 – Identify risk and apply risk management processes
BSBWHS401 – Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
How is the course delivered?
The Cert IV Business Admin is delivered via Mixed Mode Delivery, which includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research, online learning, assessment materials and activities. This is especially suitable for anyone wishing to upskill and to expand their opportunities while still keeping up with work or personal commitments. This delivery method is popular because students are able to complete their course from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, or in fact anywhere in Australia, and at times most convenient for them.
How long will I have to finish my course?
You will have up to 12 months to complete the course from your course commencement date.
How much time should I spend on my course?
There are a total of 1020 expected study hours for the course, depending on your knowledge and experience. Upon enrolment, you will complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation to determine your existing skill and knowledge level that is relevant to this qualification. Once the evaluation is completed, you will be given a training plan where you will be assigned one of the following cohorts:
- • Beginner – limited knowledge or skill and no recent related industry experience. Study hours is up to 1020 hours.
- • Intermediate – moderate prior knowledge and skill with limited recent related industry experience. Study hours is up to 815 hours.
- • Advanced – extensive knowledge and skill with recent related industry work experience of one year or more. This includes candidates holding superseded versions, skills sets, or units from BSB07 or BSB Training Package. Study hours is up to 665 hours.
- • Expert – consists of individuals with current industry experience of 2 or more years and extensive knowledge and skill. These candidates are recommended to undertake a full recognition pathway. This includes candidates holding BSB40507 Certificate IV in Business Administration who are currently working in the industry. Study hours is up to 460 hours.
How will I be assessed?
The Cert IV Business Admin course is assessed through Knowledge Assessment, Case Study (including, but not limited to, portfolio and/or work samples, reports or displays, role plays, and presentations) and Practical Assessment.
It is recommended that students:
- ✔ Are 18 years or older
- ✔ Have sound language and literacy skills (at least Year 10 English, or equivalent)
- ✔ Hold a Certificate III in Business Administration OR some industry experience in a relevant role (e.g. Office Administration Assistant, Receptionist, Accounts Clerk, Data Entry Operator)
- ✔ Have basic computer skills
Students are also required to:
- ✔ Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- ✔ Provide a valid ID with picture and signature
- ✔ Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
Students are provided with a Personal Learning Plan with Cohort explanation and learning pathway. This is uploaded in their student account prior to commencing.
Support & Resources
To support you in your studies, Reach Community College will provide:
- ✔ Access to a student account in the LMS for submission
- ✔ Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- ✔ Simulations, where applicable
- ✔ Templates for completing Project Documents
- ✔ MYOB Student Edition
You will need to make sure you have access to:
- ✔ Where possible, access to a workplace where they can complete their assessments under a supervisor (Note: Reach Community College will provide a simulated environment for students unable to secure a workplace for their assessments—for units applicable under simulated pathway only)
- ✔ A computer with Internet access through Google Chrome
- ✔ MS Word, MS PowerPoint or equivalent applications
- ✔ Adobe Acrobat Reader
- ✔ At least 3 people to participate in various assessment activities, including meetings, role plays, and providing feedback (may be friends, family members, colleagues, etc.)
Study and Qualification Pathways
You can complement your BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration training with additional qualifications such as:
- • BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources
- • BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business
- • BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- • BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- • BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- • FNS30317 Certificate III in Accounts Administration
- • FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
After completing the BSB40515, learners can continue their studies with BSB50415 Diploma of Business Administration.
Recognition of Prior Learning/Current Competence (RPL/RCC)
If you have existing work experience in Business Administration and wish to formalise this knowledge, Reach Community College offers Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) as part of this course. The RPL process begins after enrolment and is available to any students who can present evidence of competency for any units included in this qualification.
For policies on refunds, extensions, other fees, complaints, appeals, replacement certificates or statements of attainment, please see the Reach Community College Student Handbook.